Is your organization looking for a way to increase brand awareness?
Want to know what the best swag you can use to make people more aware of your brand?
If you do it right, gifts, giveaways, and swag can foster greater brand awareness.
According to a new Advertising Specialties Impressions Study conducted by the Advertising Specialty Institute (ASI), among businesspeople over age 21, advertising specialty items beat out all forms of TV, radio and print advertising as the most cost-effective advertising medium available.
The average cost-per-impression of an advertising specialty item is $0.004, making it less expensive per impression than nearly any other media.
Among key findings, results indicate that:
- 84% of people remember the advertiser on a product they receive
- 42% have a more favorable impression of an advertiser after receiving an advertising specialty
- 24% indicate that they are more likely to do business with an advertiser on items they receive
- 62% of respondents have done business with the advertiser on a product after receiving it
- Writing instruments are the most commonly-owned advertising specialty, followed by shirts, caps and bags
- Nearly one quarter, or 24%, indicate that they are more likely to do business with an advertiser on items they receive.
- Most respondents (62%) have done business with the advertiser on a product after receiving it.
- Writing instruments are the most commonly-owned advertising specialty, with 54% of respondents owning them, followed by shirts, caps and bags.
- 81% of promotional products were kept because they were considered useful.
- More than three-quarters of respondents have had their items for about seven months.
- Among wearables, bags were reported to be used most frequently, with respondents indicating that they use their bags on average nine times per month. Bags deliver the most impressions, with 1,038 impressions per month on average.
Whether you’re getting marketing items to use as giveaways or thank-you gifts, there is a lot of swag available to choose from. The trick is to discover the right item that will produce buzz as well as leave a long lasting impression.
Brand Awareness Ideas
If you plan to use promotional items consider the following:
- the frequency clients purchase your product or service
- the season of the year
- will it be left at the office or taken home
- is it a novelty item or useful item of value
- what is the potential return on investment
- what are your competitors doing
- what have you received that made an impact on you
- what will the cost of distribution be
- how long will it last
- does it look like you are trying to buy their business
Use these ideas to make your brand and logo more recognizable:
Not a day passes by without your customers, clients and/or patients using a pen. Make sure the pen looks great and writes well.
When their pen writes better or looks better than others, they’ll be able to remember your name on it.
A This is the type of pen you want to put in your customers hands!
People love calendars because they can use their (pens) and see their daily tasks. This also allows them to make special notes in their own way which Google calendar really doesn’t allow. You use a calendar 365 days a year and that’s 365 days of advertisement!
3. Notepads & Notebooks
We take notes at meetings, lunches, on calls, at work and other various times throughout the day, everyone takes notes. Most people still prefer the pen and notepad combo which is (in my opinion) still the best way to go.
Not all notepads are created equally. Ideally, you want a notepad that isn’t too bulky, yet has enough pages to last a while. And of course, you don’t want to be carrying around an ugly notepad. These are all things to consider when you’re thinking of creating your next notepad.
4. Coffee Mugs/Tumblers
Customized gifts are a wonderful way to make your customers and clients really feel valued. It something that’s just for them. They will notice that you took the time and effort to pick something so special. It’s brand awareness that keeps you front of mind.
Don’t be surprised if you find that your firm’s generosity returns to you over and over again on social media. New acquaintances, new customers, clients or patients, even complete strangers will show off their swag on social media. You cannot spend for that type of marketing.
Need custom branding items for your organization? Get started here.
If you enjoyed please share this post using the links below or to the side. We are a growing company and every share helps 🙂